
This was another book I had to read for class. I got to pick from 5 books and I chose this one. I was very interested in it, as it got a lot of attention from the public (also because of the movie). I'll have to admit that I was slightly disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it is well-written and a very cute, entertaining story, but it lacked the action I had anticipated. To me, it seemed the book builds and builds and then...poof...its over. I was kind of hoping for more thrills and action. Although I was slightly disappointed, I did enjoy the fact that Kate DiCamillo writes to the reader. She will stop the story and talk to you as a reader and that was very neat to me. It kind of makes you feel special and involved in the story. I also liked that she incorporated many morals and wove them throughout the book. The book is also very uplifting as it shows an unlikely hero. I believe this book would be a wonderful read for children and an enjoyable read for adults alike.

No comments:
Post a Comment