Thursday, January 15, 2009

House by Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti


This was an amazing book! I've been reading it off and on and finally finished it the first week of January. I have read Frank Peretti before and loved his books about the spiritual worlds, but his collaboration with Ted Dekker brought things even further. Through this book Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker create an amazing thriller that pieces everything together and explains sin in a way that I have never imagined. This book not only gave me nightmares, but a new sense of understanding about sin. Its suspenseful, scary, thrilling, and VERY insightful. In a nutshell, this is a book about 2 couples who end up in an inn in backwoods Alabama to find that they are in a twisted house of horrors. A killer is outside waiting and throws in a tin can with 3 rules. #1 God came into my house and I killed him #2 Anyone who comes into my house will be killed just like I killed God #3 Give me one dead body by dawn and I'll let rule 2 slide. The house changes and forms and reflects their sin in a horrifying way. They find themselves against each other, but what they don't know is that this is a battle against their own selves and their sin. This book is an amazing, and might I add scary, adventure of good and evil and sin and how God saves us from sin. I would totally recommend this book to non-Christians and Christians alike. Christians--this will give you a MUCH deeper understanding of sin. Non-Christians--this will give them a new aspect on sin and God's saving grace.
*This book is now also a major motion picture. It was released November 2008.

“It’s critical that we use a very dark brush to paint evil. When you bring the light into that darkness as characterized in John 1, that light is very vivid. When it dispels the darkness, we see the brilliance that’s there.”--Ted Dekker

“When I sit down to write a novel, I am exploring my own relationship with God, with the struggle between good and evil, my own purpose. My journey is so similar to everyone else’s journey, because we all are human. We all have been defeated by the powers of darkness, and we all find redemption in the light of Christ.”--Ted Dekker

No comments:

Post a Comment