Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks


I finished this book in about 5 days. This was a very easy, relaxing read. The plot is interesting, not very stressful, and, as always, Nicholas Sparks paints a beautiful picture throughout the entire book. Keeping to his style, this is a book about romance and falling in love. It was a fairly realistic tale of a soldier who finds a picture of a woman on the shores in Iraq. The photograph is never claimed by anyone so he puts it in his pocket. He survives many adversaries in Iraq and people begin to call his photo a lucky charm. After he is back in the US, he decides to find the woman and never imagines that his journey would lead him to his destiny and to the woman of his dreams. There is some suspense, but overall I would rate this book as more of an easy-going, relaxing read. I would definitely recommend this book because it is a beautiful tale of love and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment